"Honorable Service For All"...
Lyndon Fire and Louisville Fire are currently having discussions regarding the possibility of combining some services. More infomation will be shared as it becomes available.
Chief of Department
Your fire department continues to be on the cutting edge with programs to ensure the safety of you and your family. Lyndon is one of the first fire departments in the nation to initiate cost recovery for fire inspections and has won national and local awards for workplace flexibility and wellness. Our proud tradition of service to the citizens and businesses in our district continues today. We are proud to protect you!
Cost Recovery Program
Lyndon Fire & Rescue will be initiating a cost recovery program effective July 1, 2011. The intent of this program is to generate additional operating revenue in order to maintain our current service level.
Currently, labor costs make up 86% of our budget for fiscal year 2011/2012. These costs include salaries, health care and pensions. It is anticipated that health care and pension costs will increase next year, while payroll will continue to remain flat as it has over the last several years.
The cost recovery program will seek to recover fees outside of our normal operating costs for services we provide that are typically not be included under the fire protection tax currently paid by our residents.
Only a small portion of these services will be included in the cost recovery program. These services include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Large structure fires
- Hazardous materials incidents
- Multiple false alarms
- Special technical rescue
The party responsible for the service will be sent an itemized invoice to forward to their insurance company. Our third party billing company will then work with the insurance company to obtain payment.
Additionally, we will include in the cost recovery program certain code enforcement items, such as:
- Various permits (fireworks sales, assemblies, flammable and combustible liquid storage, etc.
- Code enforcement inspections in commercial occupancies
We will continue to provide most services at no additional cost to the public. These include:
- All home fire safety services (smoke detector battery checks and installation, home inspections, family safety planning, carbon monoxide checks)
- Public fire safety education programs, materials, events and promotions
- All preplanning services and plan review
- All medical responses and other emergency responses that aren't listed above will still be provided at no charge
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE COST RECOVERY EFFORTS FOR INSPECTIONS CAN BE VIEWED HERE:
- Additional Information for Business Inspections
- Business Inspection Invoice Sample
- Business Self-Inspect Sample
- Log In Here for Self Inspect
Individuals with questions regarding this program may call (502) 425-7474.